On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:55:11 +0000 (GMT), Carlos A M dos Santos wrote:

>Have you patched LyX or any other software to use native catgets? In my
>system (FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE) I have gettext-0.10.35 installed because it
>is required by GNU make and wget, but LyX is statically linked to the
>included gettext.

Why, you can always simply disable the translations and remove the fn
calls. (BTW: The *BSD's are usually employed out of generalized
paranoia for special purposes, so normally you would want to avoid the
additional complexity of l8n. E.g., OpenBSD has removed nearly all
translations from the system, exactly for security reasons.)

Greets,

  Arnd