Pavel Sanda wrote:
Dov Feldstern wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Dov Feldstern wrote:
Hi!

Linux, Qt 4.2.1:

frontends/qt4/.libs/liblyxqt4.a(GuiApplication.o): In function `lyx::frontend::GuiApplication::setGuiLanguage()': /home/dovf/lyx-trunk-new/src/frontends/qt4/GuiApplication.cpp:1031: undefined reference to `lyx::Messages::main_lang_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [lyx] Error 1
I don't understand. main_lang_ is declared here:
src\support\Messages.cpp(87):string Messages::main_lang_;
Are you sure support/ was correctly recompiled?
Abdel.
Hmm, looks like it isn't... I checked and saw that there was a file src/support/Messages.o; but it doesn't seem to contain (checked with nm and with strings) and mention of 'lang'. So I deleted it, and it wasn't even rebuilt. If I'm the only one seeing this, maybe it's my problem --- I'll try from a clean install again. Has anyone successfully compiled trunk recently on linux, with gcc and with autotools?

here no problem. try make distclean.

pavel

OK, the problem is this: it doesn't compile with the --disable-nls flag; without this flag it compiles cleanly. I always compile with this flag, though I don't know if it still has any significance? But I guess it should either be fixed, or the flag should be removed...

Dov