On 25/09/2008 12:05, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Uwe Stöhr wrote:
this patch will sort anything in outliner automatically.
sort won't be correct for nonascii characters.
This is what I meant, please apply.

this patch was never meant to be applied to trunk, just a help for the ones
really starving for it ;)

to be enough for my taste it would need:
- proper locale support. i don't know any one-liner which could be done.
   QStandardItemModel knows nothing about it; QSortFilterProxyModel would be
needed
   and i don't (want;) understand the logic of all the TocModel* classes. unless
   Abdel has some idea how this could be solved without to much rework i'm not
   going to touch this more.

I more or less know how to do this but there's other more urgent thing to do. The locale aware technique is used in a number of items already (languages, layouts) so one just have to do the same.

- there is no ui for sorting (check box either in preferences or in the pane)

I'd say a toggle button directly in the pane.

- it is not context sensitive, it will sort any kind of list, while only for
   some of them is it useful (or am i wrong here?)

Right, toc sorting is not very useful...

Abdel.