Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
rgheck <rgh...@bobjweil.com> writes:
At the moment, I'm not sure we can do that in a normal environment
(i.e., not in an inset). But there's no reason we couldn't.

Currently, listings reuses ERT (?) to handle spaces. We could of course
decide to have a new parameter to alloz multiple normal space. Even
better, we could use \obeyspaces in LyX-Code to make normal spaces
work like ~. This would solve many problems IMO (but create interesting
new ones probably).

Some alternative to the current ~ would be nice. Using ~ means, of course, that LaTeX has all kinds of problems with linebreaks if you try to use FreeSpacing in lines of any width.

rh