I'll look into it and see if I can get them included for current users of
Ubuntu.  Based on what I've read, I'm not sure it's very likely, though :(  But
it never hurts to ask.

Other users can upgrade using the PPA I set up this morning and the
instructions in the original email.  Once a user adds it to their software
sources, the updates will be automatic and will come through the regular system
updates.  We can also use the same process to push other source releases to
Ubuntu users outside of the traditional sixth month Ubuntu update cycle.