Am 17.09.2010 07:58, schrieb Abdelrazak Younes:

- honor Abdel as author

That's not needed. I could do this myself in basically all of LyX source
code if I wanted to.

Why were I then several times forced then to add my name as author to file I heavily modified? Why don't we have a convention how to handle this?

- reintroduce the /// spacers in the header file because it makes it
better readable and we do this in all other inset header files

Come on! I am now once more upset with you! Please change it back! Do
you think I changed that because I had 10 minute to spare for nothing?
That you find it more readable is irrelevant. Please learn a bit about
about C++ inheritance and Doxygen.

I'm now 5 years developing LyX and nobody ever told me something about doxygen nor have I seen a documentation in our coding guidelines. Besides this, in my opinion readability of code is an important point.

In general I hate that nothing is documented leading to superfluous discussions and to code where we do things different for different files. Take for example the fact that I wrote GuiLine as InsetCommand and you complained why I didn't wrote this as InsetWidget. But from where should I have got this information. I still cannot find anything about that InsetWidget is now preferred. Moreover, why do not all Guis use InsetWidget to have some uniformity?

While I'm at it, it frustrates me a lot that we don't have real code documentation in the form to have the infos what files are doing what (for example like I documented my installer code: http://www.lyx.org/trac/export/35424/lyx-devel/trunk/development/Win32/packaging/AltInstaller/informations/InstallerStructure.pdf) One always needs hours of debugging to learn what functions are called in what files. Without my desktop search program I would be lost. Once I learned programming at school we were forced to add at least 2 comment lines at the beginning of every routine to describe what this routine does and in what other code regions this is used. I miss that in LyX. Moreover in my first commits years ago people complained that such comments are unnecessary.

For fxxxx sake, this is typically the kind of of behavior that you
should change...

I'll try to.

regards Uwe