Le 30/09/2010 23:03, Richard Heck a écrit :
It's not so much detecting the recursion. It's what to do about it once
you detect it. So, say, we have: A -> B -> A. What should
B.masterBuffer() return? What should A.masterBuffer() return? How do you
safely write recursions?

I would say the second A is invalid (and the inset should output a nice ERROR in red text or something), and thus everything should as if we had A->B (start from master document, and prune documents that are repeats).

Of course, we'd like to accept:
A----->B

where B is inserted twice with different parent, but I do not think our current system allows it now.