So I had a look at the lyx2lyx for this and have a general question.

Both in revert_multirowOffset and revert_multirow, we do not really do a proper reversion. The rowspan is set to two and the width to 2cm, because the information required to set both properly is not readily available. So I wonder a bit what we are doing here and what our policy is. The information could be gathered, though that would take a bit of work. And if we are just going to guess such things, why not just revert it to normal cells and forget the multirow? Is the idea that, if we put \multirow{} in ERT, then it will be easier for users to adjust it themselves? But people might also just get confused.

Anyway, the question here, as I said, is really one of policy.

Richard