On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 01:42:35AM +0100, Peter Kümmel wrote:

> On 08.11.2010 01:15, Enrico Forestieri wrote:

> >> can you try please?
> >
> > The link fails because the xxxAndDestroy() methods are #ifdef'd out.
> > However, simply removing the #ifdef produces a malfunctioning executable.
> > For example, I am able to preview a document, but then the lyx process
> > eats 100% cpu, even if lyx itself remains usable. However, trying to
> > export something does not produce anything (only a 100% cpu usage).
> >

> I've fixed the linker error and hope it works now. If not, something went
> wrong starting with this commit:
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/35699/lyx-devel/trunk
> Too late to do more now.

It links, but it is no better than simply taking away the #ifdef.
Previewing a document works and lyx seems functional, but after preview
it eats 100% cpu. Export does not work but rises cpu usage to 100%% as well.
Even with "#define EXPORT_in_THREAD 0" it behaves the same.
Note that this occurs with both Qt 4.2 and 4.3.

--
Enrico