Marcelo Acu?a wrote:
> This morning I configured lyx beta 1 and start the compilation.
> During the course of the compilation it appeared a message of error: segment
> violation.

the only case i have seen such strange messages during compilation of anything
was
when my memory chipset got subverted. so maybe time to run memory check tests...

the only other way i'm aware how to hung up system in compilation of lyx is to
switch the monolithic builds on, possibly with debug symbols on _and_ not to
have
at least gigabyte of free RAM. then you got swap hell for few hours, without
possibility to stop it, except reboot.

pavel