Am 02.12.2010 um 19:49 schrieb Pavel Sanda:

> Stephan Witt wrote:

>>> this is how it looks on linux qt 4.6.3, Century Schoolbook L font.
>>> (patched version)
>>
>> Do you refer to the different vertical line positions?
>
> i refer to the the red line jumping like a goat on the hills. this is
> intended?

Yes. Do you have another idea?

The problem is as follows:
When drawing the misspelled marker you don't know in advance if a change
follows later in line and vice versa.
If you paint both lines with constant different vertical offset it looks weird
when only one of them is present.
A possible solution could be the painting of change tracking markers below a
possible spell check marker.
So, documents without change tracking will be presented normal.
A document without spelling mistakes and change tracking enabled would suffer
then.
The optimal solution would be a two pass algorithm for the computation of the
offsets...

> if you look closely you can see strange drawing artifacts as well (thin full
> red lines)...

Yes, I can see them now.
I'll try it on Linux then...

Stephan