Pavel Sanda wrote:
> you seriously mean that there is arabic translation for eg "hunspell"?

Maybe no translation, but a transliteration (i.e., use of arabic script).

> there was some point in having "aspell (libary)" as a translatable
> string in 1.6 but now we have only pure names of programs.
>
> simple grep for "aspell" in 1.6 gives no single translation as expected.

This does not mean that we should forbid it. IMHO anything that appears in the
GUI should be localizeable. And being a linguist, I do not dare to make any
claim about what might be translated and what not. So we should just make it
possible.

Jürgen