My most common situation in which this is a problem is the following

Hebrew text (English translation) more hebrew..

For most language, you wouldn't mind if the " ( )" will be in English or in
other language, but Hebrew is written from right to left, which means the
Parentheses  are written in reverse. Meaning, if the closing parentheses
will be in English, it will apear as:

Hebrew text ((English Hebrew

(Or something like that)

there fore, the following parentheses or comma must be at the same language
as the paragraph language, and not as the last-word language.

My override now is

hebrew (english ) hebrew, or hebrew english , hebrew [note the space before
the comma or the closing parentheses], and that's both ugly and wrong.

An Hebrew example:
כותב בעברית (english) עברית -- In this way its typed when the closing
parentheses is hebrew
כותב בעברית ((english  עברית. -- here the closing parentheses is english

Thanks,
Ronen.