Am 17.04.2011 um 03:12 schrieb Joost Verburg:

> "Julien Rioux" <jri...@physics.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
>> You would need to make aspell visible to the configure script by putting the
>> path to aspell.exe in your PATH environment variable or alternatively in the
>> PATH in LyX preferences. Then reconfigure LyX, close and start LyX again. If
>> it does not work after that then there is indeed a problem.
>
> No, we don't use Aspell anymore.

To clarify this a little bit: the decision which spell checker engines LyX can
use
is made by the packager - it depends on the build environment, that's the
platform
and the installed or self compiled additional libraries.

So, it depends on the platform and the distributor what spell checker backends
are
available to the user. The current consensus is indeed that LyX supports at
least
hunspell. On Mac OS X we have additional support for aspell and apples
"built-in"
spell checker. On Linux enchant should be possible too.

> The problem is indeed that Hunspell dictionaries are missing in the installer.
> This will be fixed in RC3.

Ok, thanks. This was the plan indeed - to use the dictionaries from LyX's SVN
to integrate it in the installers.

Stephan