On 04/29/2011 10:11 AM, Julien Rioux wrote:
Can I raise a question again? Why not always backport changes to lyx2lyx
from trunk to branch? Of course branch releases will run slightly behind
trunk, but not so badly that it would be useless to do this. Then, to
some extent, the problem goes away, even without exporting.

Richard

You could, but it's only beneficial to port to branch once the file format of 2.0 has been fixed and lyx2lyx supports this file format. Any inbetween version of lyx2lyx doesn't help here.

I thought the original question was precisely about interoperability between the stable version and development versions. In that case, regularly porting lyx2lyx does help. Then again, this is probably a special case, and anyone who runs into it can download lyx2lyx from svn or trac.

rh