Am 14.06.2011 15:11, schrieb Richard Heck:

I intend to build and tag LyX 2.0.1 on Wednesday---

This is not possible because MiKTeX has a nasty bug that breaks the
installations on Windows:

When LyX is installed finally the configure.py is run. This checks for missing LaTeX-packages. When MiKTeX tries to install the arabic.ldf it hangs and quits the script. Therefore all other packages in the list below arabic are skipped and not installed -> LyX won't work as expected as about 30 packages are missing.
I reported this bug yesterday to the MiKTeX developer and hope he can fix it
soon.
Moreover, this bug leads also to the fact that Galician, Arabic and Farsi
documents are not compilable.
So I think releasing a Windows version of 2.0.1 doesn't make sense due to this
problem.

Besides this, I ready you email too late and begun to test if our templates, doc and example files are compilable. We once agreed to save all files in the latest file format before a major release. This was obviously forgotten. While doing this now, I found about 15 uncompilable documents. For some of them I could already fix the bugs, but there are still about 10 that currently don't compile, e.g. the tufte files, modernCV, amsbook-test

I therefore request to delay 2.0.1 some more days if possible.

many thanks, sorry and regards
Uwe