On 20/06/2011 3:48 PM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 06/20/2011 01:52 PM, Julien Rioux wrote:
On 20/06/2011 11:28 AM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 06/20/2011 11:16 AM, Julien Rioux wrote:
On 14/06/2011 5:55 PM, Julien Rioux wrote:
On 14/06/2011 10:49 AM, H. Hodges wrote:

Julien Rioux<jrioux<at>   physics.utoronto.ca>   writes:

There is a way to distinguish in-text section text and in-toc
section
text. If that's what you want, here's how to do it. With your
cursor on
the section line inside the LyX editor window, use the menu Insert>
Short Title to insert the text that appear in the TOC and in page
headers.

Hope this helps,
Julien

Thanks, that worked...except for Part headings. The Short Title
option
is greyed
out in that case. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep a graphic in
the heading
of the main document, but out of the corresponding heading listing in
the table
of contents?

This looks like an oversight, because LaTeX itself provides this
feature
also for parts, but LyX doesn't.

Solution: Define "OptionalArgs 1" for the "Part" style in the layout
file you are using. (if this sounds alien to you just ask and I or
someone will try to explain)

Devs: See attached patch.

OK to put this in?

Looks fine, and for branch.

Richard

Is there something that needs to be done for tex2lyx to recognize
\part[short title]{long title}?

I'd post this separately. I have no idea.

Also, a file created using the new layout can now insert a short title
for parts, and the latex export is different under 2.1.0svn versus 2.0.0
Does this not forbid committing to branch?

I'm not sure what the rules are here. What's true is that a LyX file
made using the new layout would not open (or at least output) properly
when using the old one. But I'm not sure that rules it out.

Other views?

Richard

Hi Richard,

If you want you can try the attached doc in LyX 2.0.0, which includes a short title for a part.

The file opens, displays correctly in the LyX window, and saves correctly without data loss. But the latex exports as

\part{Long part }
versus
\part[Short part]{Long part }

As a result the TOC entry is different in 2.0.0 and 2.1.0svn. It's not a big issue, I just don't know the policy well enough that I tough I would bring it up. It would be important to have a policy, whatever it may be.

Cheers,
Julien