Dear LyX developers,

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for the development of LyX. It has sped up my scientific typesetting by a factor of 2-3.

I have a possible suggestion for the LaTeX export code. I've noticed that the filenames in figures are exported without their extensions. Here is an example of the relevant line from one of my documents:

\includegraphics[width=0.75\textwidth]{Figures/Kumar-Hydrides-Rolled}

I am also using a Tex -> Word converter, and adding the ".png" extension (or whichever it should be) is the key to getting figures to implant correctly in these Word documents. Example:

\includegraphics[width=0.75\textwidth]{Figures/Kumar-Hydrides-Rolled.png}

This works perfectly in the conversion.

Would this negatively affect any other part of the export process? Would it be possible to add another export option? I ask because a number of my friends and I are locked in a never-ending LyX/Word battle with our bosses (the students use LyX, the bosses only deal with Word), and an easy export would solve this problem for good. For now I add the file extensions by hand and everything works well.

Thanks,
-Mike Short