Il 04/08/2011 05:39, Jerry ha scritto:
Hi list,
Hi Jerry,
The Find dialog is modal. This combined with not having any command-key
equivalents for Next and Previous means that it is usually in your way to even
read what is being displayed.

The Find dialog requires two clicks (check box then button) to search backwards
assuming the current mode is forwards. There should be a Find Next _button_ and
a Find Previous _button_.

Did you try the Advanced Find dialog (activated by [Ctrl+Shift+F] on Linux, or Edit menu) ? It is not modal but rather a dockable panel, it still has no separate forward and backward button, but at least you can use 2 convenient shortcuts: [Return] to search forward, and [Shift+Return] to go backwards. This was a reasonable trade-off leaving more space on the dialog itself for other things.

Thanks for all the comments, even though I'm not a Mac user I'm quite sure they'll be useful for improving the tool.

    T.