Op 11-10-2011 19:11, Julien Rioux schreef:
On 07/10/2011 7:24 PM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
Yes, it was probably wrong to introduce LFUNs that need newlines. And
maybe we should allow escaping or something. Anyway, I've been
instructing people in the past how to get a newline in the command buffer.

Vincent

Which LFUNs need newlines and can't we do something about them to make them easier to work with?

I can think of one: LFUN_WORD_REPLACE. Maybe this is the only one.

The problem is that you need to distinguish between the <replace> and <search> part of the arguments. I thing FIND_ADV uses some more complex markers (something like EOSS IIRC), WORD_REPLACE uses newlines.

Vincent