Op 7-10-2011 12:43, Tommaso Cucinotta schreef:
Il 07/10/2011 09:20, Vincent van Ravesteijn ha scritto:

>   FileDialog::Result FileDialog::save(QString const&  path,
> -    QStringList const&  filters, QString const&  suggested)
> +    QStringList const&  filters, QString const&  suggested,
> +    QString&  selectedFilter)
[...]
It's anyway a bit strange to have a pointer to/address of a non-const reference.

Notice that selectedFilter is an output parameter for save(), that's why it is non-const.

I have no strong preferences for pointer versus reference.
With the pointer we'd save creation of a useless QString object by providing 0, so, ok.

It's not about saving anything, it's just about clarity. The Qt function uses a pointer, so why not using a pointer as well in the save function. Especially if you have to convert it to a pointer anyway in a later stadium.

Vincent