I have translated the two notes and put the new version here:
https://github.com/yihui/lyx/raw/master/templates/ctex.lyx

For your question in the preamble, yes it looks suspicious but is
necessary. XeTeX will run into problems for ctex without
\DeclareRobustCommand\nobreakspace{\leavevmode\nobreak\ }; the author
of ctex believes this is an issue with xunicode, and has provided this
solution.

Regards,
Yihui
--