On 1/9/2012 3:03 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 09/01/12 19:19, Rob Oakes a écrit :
>> I've tried to Google the source of this error, but can't figure it. The
>> code compiles fine on Mac OS X, Linux, and 32 bit Windows mingw.
>> Moreover, there are templates for const char *, and char * so I don't
>> understand why it's not happy. The version of gmake is 3.82, the version
>> of the compiler is 4.5.4.
>
> What is the type of pid_?
>
> JMarc

Hi JMarc,

Thanks for the hint! pid_ uses pid_t as its type. I was able to resolve
the compiler errors by adding:

LyXErr&operator<<(LyXErr&,pid_t);

to debug.h and:

LyXErr&operator<<(LyXErr&,size_t);

to resolve the compiler issues with menus.

I've run into some other problems while linking, though. Some of the
.obj files look like they're not getting generated. For example:
AspellChecker.cpp.obj, Buffer.cpp.obj, BufferView.cpp.obj,
Cursor.cpp.obj, DocIterator.cpp.obj, KeyMap.cpp.obj, lyxfind.cpp.obj,
Paragraph.cpp.obj, and about a dozen others. This is leading to a lot of
"undefined reference to ...", which makes me wonder if there's a problem
with the makefiles ... or something.

I'll try clearing out my build directory and reconfiguring, to see if
that clears things up. Any other thoughts for things that I might try?

Cheers,

Rob