Le 01/02/2012 17:15, Yihui Xie a écrit :
I guess you compiled the document under
/usr/local/share/lyx-2.0.3svn/examples/, right?

I believe the problem is that R has no write privilege to that
directory, so the default pdf() device cannot be started there. You
can copy sweave.lyx to a directory where you have write privilege, and
see if it compiles correctly.

So I opened the example file in the compilation tree (which is under my personal account) and the error is gone, but now it does not find Sweave.sty.

The doc itself says it should, but unfortunately the Debian package puts the
file in

/usr/share/R/texmf

instead of the documented

/usr/share/R/texmf/tex/latex

So I copied the file as

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/sweave/Sweave.sty

and ran texhash, and I get the pdf all right.

Seems thus that the manual does not compile out of the box on Debian Squeeze,
due to the path problem.

--
Jean-Pierre