Lars Gullik Bj?nnes wrote:
> | 1. Checkout full repo
> |     git clone g...@git.lyx.org:lyx trunk
> | 2. Full mirror of branch as well, not through clone
> |     cp -r trunk branch; cd branch
>
> No...
> (perhaps... it does not seem optimal, does not take advantage that
> things are on same fs f.ex.))

It depends how you define optimal. Not optimal from hard drive free space.

However people here are asking how to start using git and take a few
first steps. Immediately they are fed by subtleties which will
bring error messages which are hard to understand.

It seems to me absurd that people who are not sure how to commit or
even use ssh keys are adviced to read about git internals or play
with git remote.

Pavel