Hello LyX developers!

Firstly, thank you for such a great product. I appreciate all the work you
guys put into this application. Here is the problem. I'm not sure if it's a
bug. I couldn't find any mention of it online, so thought I might as well
inform you. Maybe it's just bad practice.

Following the method described in the LyX documentation on how to get
figures side-by-side, I went and put a table and a figure side by side in a
figure float, and referenced them. When I later cross-referenced, it would
give the table as "table 1a" and the figure as "figure 1a" in a formatted
reference (both in figure 1). If I go on to create a subsequent table float
and reference it, it comes out as "table 1".  If I then nest some tables
inside this float and reference those, the references work and come out as
another "table 1a", the document is compiled to pdf/dvi etc without
complaining, and "hyperref" in PDF Properties of Document Settings works
too, linking to the correct figure/float. The only indication that
something might not be right is all the font colour in the float handles
turning red.

Is there a way to fix this? Maybe for different nested floats the formatted
reference should be something like "figure 1: table 1a" and "table 1: table
1a".

Cheers,
Samuel