Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Two things that bother me:
>
> 1/ all dispatch actions initiated in the main should be wrapped into an
> undogroup. Therefore I am not sure why extra work is necessary.

I don't know either, but it does not work without.

> 2/ It looks like you open groups in one function and close it somewhere
> else. I think it is the best recipe for getting dangling groups. Isn't
> is possible (barring 1/) to have the begin/end together?

Yes, that is not nice, and I tried to find a better solution, but failed.
However, the whole mechanism of creating an InsetMathUnknown and replacing
it later with something else at totally different places in the code is
fragile as well, so at least I did not make it worse IMHO.

Georg