Hello,
some clarification.

The previous _Windows_ version of rtf2latex2e could only convert wmf,
not emf graphics. As the LyX metafile2eps converter converts both, I
think it's worth to switch to the new _Windows_ version.

For the _Unix_ version we haven't yet found a better converter as in
rtf2latex2e version 2-0-1. We are experimenting with jodconverter which
in turn uses parts of OpenOffice for the conversion. It works with some
versions of OpenOffice / LibreOffice, with others it doesn't.
Unless we find a more reliable free metafile2eps/pdf converter for Unix,
we cannot release the current rtf2latex2e version for Unix.

Wilfried

--
Wilfried Hennings