I second this proposal. It is indeed very confusing the first time we
open LyX under Windows, especially because it often takes a while to
finish configuration. Even I know what it is doing in the background,
sometimes I have to open the task manager to make sure the LyX process
is really there.

Regards,
Yihui
--