On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
> There is a ticket with a similar request, BTW, but it was resolved wontfix
> (and should be reopened IMHO):
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8282

I hadn't seen that ticket. Thanks.

> Looking at the docs, I'd propose to make beamergotobutton a flex inset within
> beamer.layout. The hyperref inset should be turned into a collapsable inset
> (while the dialog is being kept, minus the "name" field), \hyperlink support
> should be added to this inset (and \hypertarget to the label inset). And
> finally, the url inset should be merged into the hyperref inset.

I think I understand most of this. You're suggesting a collapsable
inset because then the user can insert the beamergotobutton flex inset
inside of it. The "name" field should be taken out because that is now
the input to the collapsable inset. To edit the target of the
hyperref, the user would right click on the collapsable inset and
choose settings.

After merging the URL inset into the hyperref inset, there will be
four options: "Web", "Email", "File", "URL". Will the user be confused
between "Web" and "URL"?

IIUC, when the user makes a hyperlink, either a label or hypertarget
label can be hyperlinked to. So all labels and hypertarget labels
should be shown in the hyperref inset?

And the cross-reference inset would not be untouched, right?

Scott