On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Ben Stanley wrote:

> I usually have to re-size my LyX window to be able to work with the thesis - it's
> default size is too small!
> So, my usual routine is to start LyX, resize the window to take up the full screen
> vertically (which reveals that xforms has difficulty keeping up with the resizing,
> and often misses the last update...), and then load my thesis.

By the way, you can specify the geometry of the window on the command
line.

> If I don't move the window around, then...
> If I start up LyX on my thesis, and don't move or re-size the window, but I scroll
> around in the document while it's rendering (in particular, if I jump to the end
> where I'm working), then the ps rendering seems to stop pretty reliably.
>
> If I start up LyX on my thesis, and don't move or re-size the window, and don't
> scroll around until all the gs processes have finished, then all of the pictures
> render (and there's about 80 of them...).

Hmm, this is odd. The pointer grab on the resizing of the window would be
a window manager thing, so I don't quite see how it can be causing xforms
to lose ClientMessage events.

Ben, originally this bug manifested itself when certain dialogs were
opened, or when a menu was open. I couldn't reproduce it any other way,
but you are saying there is another case I missed in the source :(

Either way, we can't really do any more testing until the xforms people do
another (pre) release. I've tried hassling them, but no response as of
yet.

john

--
"We didn't have metaphors in our day. We didn't beat about the bush."
        - Fred Trueman