On 31/08/2013 10:49 a.m., Kornel Benko wrote:
Am Freitag, 30. August 2013 um 12:07:59, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org>

 > On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org> wrote:

 > > commit abe7eef13cbace98bc2c043e78ffdb3b4c47f2ad

 > > Author: Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org>

 > > Date: Fri Aug 30 17:28:46 2013 +0200

 > > Replace the remaining bad urls with accsessible ones

 > > Now all urls we use in our provided lyx-files

 > > (doc, examples, templates)

 > > use urls which really exist.

 > > (If a url was meant merely as an example,

 > > it was not touched, but added to file 'knownInvalidURLS'.)

 > Thanks for going through those, Kornel. Things look much improved.

Well, it looked like the right think to do, once we had a tool to check it.

We can thank each other :)

 > Scott

Kornel

However, although the url in the 9th item in the Bibliography of the User's Guide exists,

http://mirrors.ctan.org/indexing/makeindex/doc/makeindex.pdf

the citations in the last paragraph of section 6.6.5 and the first of 6.6.6 should be to

http://mirrors.ctan.org/indexing/makeindex/doc/manpages.dvi

makeindex.pdf nowhere discusses style files or command line options (it's really the same material as is in the User's Guide). For style files and command line options you need to go to manpages.dvi.

I posted this on the documentation list two months ago but it got no response. I think all you northern hemispherical types (hyphenate as you wish) were on holiday.

Andrew