> I bring this topic to the list because this affects a few files.
> I think I am to blame here for some files because I used includes
> (bib-files and images) for templates like in examples and documentation
> files. But of course this breaks "new from template". For the future we
> should add a note for potential new contributers of templates to
> README.new_templates.
>
> I stepped now through all files and found problems in these files:
>
> - ACM-Siggraph (bib-file, an image)
> - ACM-Sigplan (bib-file)
> - AEA (bib-file)
> - Agutex (bib-file)
> - IEEEtran-CompSoc (an image)
> - IEEEtran-Conference (an image)
> - IEEEtran-Journal (an image)
> - IEEEtran-TransMag(an image)
> - IOP-article (bib-file)
> - JASA (bib-file)
>
> Is there a way we can use images in template files? (Some article classes
> like some IEEE require an image.)
> For the bib-files one could use LaTeX's default bib-files but I am no
> expert with that. is e.g. xample.bib in any case available on all LaTeX
> distributions on Linux and will it be found by LyX in every case? Jürgen?

xampl.bib is part of every TeX distro, it is part of BibTeX (the program).
So we should use this for all templates.

As for images, do you really need an image? I think, in most cases,
something like
 \fbox{\parbox{2cm}{\vspace{3cm}Your Photo}}
(and a note)
will suffice to illustrate the purpose

Jürgen