Am 02.04.2014 09:26, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

This is the third time we have to tell you to not create and release an
installer for RC1 if it is not exactly what I released as RC1.

What is going on nowadays?

I did not release anything. A bug was fixed and I wanted to be sure and thus wanted to have user feedback. Why? Because I spent about 4 hours with this bug and I saw strange things and some only on some PCS. I noticed that it was not enough to replace the lyx.exe because also a registry key needed to be recreated to see that it is fixed. So I just upload the lyx.exe with an installer that does this automatically in order to get feedback that also on the PC of the initial bug reporter the bug is really fixed. So what is the problem, we now have the feedback that we need so the task fulfilled.

And besides this, did I announce my "release"? When starting the lyx of this "release" does it state it is RC1? No. Does it appear on any official LyX server? No. Why do you have to criticize me for every single thing I do? For a change, why not seeing the good part of my work - in this case the benefit of user feedback for a tricky problem that was not easy to locate and not easy to verify that it was fixed? We are in a testing period and the aim if to get user feedback. And once again, why not trusting me that I don't want to harm LyX or whatever you might think from me. I am tired that I have to explain each and every bit nowadays.

Note, when I have a problem I often got special test builds from developers, for example recently from TortoiseGIT and in the past from ImageMagick, MiKTeX and JabRef. There is nothing spcial about that. Were these "releases"? No, just a test build for me. I provide test builds for years now. They are often only a few days on my SourceForge page in the test section because I can delete them when the issue was discussed by private mail and the issue is reolved. For some bugs I let the test builds live a bit longer, especially when they were on the list. My SourceForge section is called "test" because that is what is it for - made it possible to get user feedback for particular problems. Sometimes one simply needs others to test things. I just cannot test on all Windows versions available and with all configurations.

Sorry, I don't get your logic how I harmed LyX.

Uwe