On 04/03/2014 04:01 PM, Georg Baum wrote:
There are two serious bugs in rc1 which are caused by uninitialized class
member variables. Therefore I ran cppcheck on master at aea6ddfcb96.
Unfortunately I ran out of time, so I could not yet completely analyze the
result, but in case somebody else wants to do that I attach the result of
"cppcheck --enable=all src".

I already found out that the two "Null pointer dereference" warnings are no
problem (although this construct is fragile and can hopefully be removed in
the future). I don't know which of the many uninitialized members are a
problem, I even don't know if all messages are correct. I do not propose to
initialize all these variables, but if we find out that some of them are
dangerous we should add an initialization.

I'll try to run through some of these. I ran a similar check using the -Weffc++ flag to gcc, and most of what I got back involved ininitialized variables in default constructors provided for STL. But still, we should go through the list.

Richard