On 07/05/2014 09:08, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
Now I remember why I didn't do that. We might want the Qt-automatic-way as
a fallback when no custom converter is defined.

Exactly.

If user wants to have svg he has to install something to get pdf output,
so the fallback does not look critical here.

The user might want to use LyX for HTML export... or someother tools are able to handle SVG? This is probably good enough for a lot of people that doesn't use advanced SVG tools.

Anyway, from the doc: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/svgrendering.html
"Qt supports the static features <http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/feature/1.2/#SVG-static> of SVG 1.2 Tiny <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12>."

By the way, it seems that Qt5 has a new QtSvg module, not sure we can or want to use that...

Abdel.