Updates to inputenc in TeX Live 2014 will cause several export formats
to break in 3 example files.
Exporting of the following formats work in TeX Live 2013 and will not in 2014:

- examples/Foils.lyx: DVI (LuaTeX), PDF (XeTeX), and PDF (LuaTeX)
using system fonts.
- examples/fr/Foils.lyx: DVI (LuaTeX) and PDF (LuaTeX) using system fonts.
- examples/aa_sample.lyx: DVI (LuaTeX), PDF (XeTeX), and PDF (LuaTeX)
using system and TeX fonts.
-examples/EuropeCV.lyx: DVI (LuaTeX) and PDF (LuaTeX) using TeX fonts.

I've reported the problem here:
http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2014-May/035338.html
It does not seem to be a regression in the core packages but rather
that these classes were doing something messy that is not supported.

A work around (explained in the email thread above) is to put
\RequirePackage[utf8]{luainputenc} before
\documentclass[10pt,english,nologo]{europecv}
and similiar for the fonctspec loading and Foils.lyx.
Is that something we want to do? Does our layout format even support that?

These files are still exportable in other formats so we might just
want to forget about this and not change anything. I do not plan on
contacting the maintainers of Foils (nonfree and old) or EuropeCV
(old) but AA seems to be still maintained so I will contact them.

Any advice on this?

Scott