Ahhh! I _think_ I understand... perhaps...

This feels like the popup is recieving a signal that the buffer has changed.
In fact, I'm sure that's what is happening.

If the buffer changes, then a signal "updateBufferDependent" is emitted into
the ether. This signal is connected to a slot "updateSlot" in the Ref popup:

void FormInset::updateSlot(bool switched)
{
        if (switched)
                hide();
        else
                update();
}

In this case, updateSlot is being passed "true", telling it that the buffer
has changed and so the popup should be closed.

The question is, therefore, WHY is it receiving such a signal when you "click
on one of the figure refs from the list" and equally, why does it "randomly
goes away" after a few minutes.

Dekel, will this have been fixed by your recent patch? Perhaps you'd care to
comment?

Angus