On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

>> Jürgen,
>>
>> I would be interested in your thoughts on whether you think this would
>> be useful. And if so, do you have any advice on implementation?
>>
>> Note that I don't have any time now and wouldn't be able to implement
>> this for a while.
>

> This sounds like a handy feature. Note that you do not need to implement a
> new lfun for this. We have the (still unused) "call" lfun which seems quite
> the right approach to deal with macros like this one.
>
> Jürgen

Liviu and I have been working on this. One thing we would like to do
is make the command-sequence work regardless of where the cursor is in
the frame. To do this, we would like a section-begin LFUN. By
combining the section-begin LFUN with section-select, we can select a
section regardless of the cursor position. As for implementation, I
have not thought about this too much, but perhaps we could rely on the
outline (or its implementation), which knows the position of each
frame. If we could find the paragraph number then we could just use
paragraph-goto.

Any thoughts?

Scott