On 02/26/2015 05:40 PM, Stephanie Andrews wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I'm using lyx version 2.1.1 and found possibly a bug which seems similar to
> the problem reported here:
> http:/www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8721
>
> Inserting a table, setting it to long format, marking the whole table,
> changing text style - customize - size smaller
> results in lyx crashing.

Hi, Stephanie,

Thanks for the report, and sorry you are having this problem. I tried
exactly what you describe with LyX 2.1.3, and did not get a crash. Can
you try updating to this version?

If you do still get the crash, please provide us with as exact a recipe
as possible to reproduce it reliably, if you are able to do that. We
take crashes very seriously and do our best to fix them ASAP.

Richard

Hi Richard,
Thanks for your reply.
I updated to Lyx 2.1.3 (Windows 7) and still get lyx to crash when compiling by doing the following:

- insert a table (mine is very long so when testing in a new document I entered a table with 100 rows and 5 columns)
- write some random stuff in a couple of cells
- right-click on the table - more - settings - longtable - click "use longtable"
- same again, settings - borders - click on "formal"
- right click somewhere in fourth row (for example), more - settings - "Caption on"
- click in same cell again, insert-caption-standard caption. Write some example caption
- click again in same cell, more - settings - longtable - take away tick from "first header" (why does it automatically get ticked when I chose only "Caption on" before?)
- choose the whole table, right click, text style - paragraph - size "smaller"
- Preview pdf  - lyx crashes

But, I figured out that it works perfectly if I first change the text size, and then enter the caption!

Best,
Stephanie