Am 21.03.2015 um 13:18 schrieb Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org>:

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 09:35:32AM +0100, Stephan Witt wrote:
>> Am 21.03.2015 um 00:19 schrieb Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org>:
>>>
>>> I have seen this strange behavior, although it does not seem to occur
>>> anymore for me. Once LyX starts crashing, one cannot effectively load that
>>> document anymore. I did not understand why that happens and the only
>>> workaround I found is editing the ~/.lyx/session file and deleting the
>>> line with cursor info for that particualr document. After doing that,
>>> LyX doesn't crash anymore, even placing the cursor at the same
>>> position that initially triggered the crash.
>>
>> Yes, I did remember vaguely. So, there is no hope to fix it?
>
> I could not make any sense of the backtrace and, once deleting the
> session info (note that you can simply remove the entry for the
> cursor position for that document, no need to remove the file), the
> bug does not occur anymore. So, seemingly, there is something fishy
> that triggers the crash when the following occurs:
> 1) You previously used pngs.
> 2) You close a document when the cursor was near (same paragraph, maybe?)
>   an info inset.
> 3) You switch to svg icons.
> 4) You load the previously closed document.
>
>> I'm afraid I cannot reproduce it anymore after deleting the session state.
>
> Same here. It would be worth understanding the reason, but given that
> it seems a one-shot bug, I am not motivated to spend time on this.

I found a way to reproduce it:
1) Open a document with info inset included.
2) Go to a line with info inset to display (some text to scroll down).
3) Position the cursor near the inset.
4) Quit LyX and restart.
5) Load the previously closed document -> crash on cursor positioning.

To solve that issue one has to remove the offending line in section
[cursor positions] of the session state.

After the removal I can reproduce it again with the same document and the
same procedure. I'll attach my example document.

To trigger the crash the info inset has to be visible and it must be some
scroll down involved to show the cursor position on startup.

Stephan