On Wednesday 11 March 2015 20:57:43 Kornel Benko wrote:
> Thank you José. If I understood correctly, the opposite of 'open(..,"r")'
> should be 'open(..,"w")'.
> (See development/cmake/po/dos2unix.py:15)
> With also this extra change the script worked too.
>
>         Kornel

Note that as you found later in python 3 the text files are assumed to be in
utf-8. If this restriction is reasonable then this code will work as it is.

Even better in python 3 all text files have support for universal end of lines,
that all end of lines are immediately converted to \n.

In the python 2 versions that support is available optionally, that is python
can be built without it. That is the reason why lyx2lyx code does not rely on
it, because it can not be available. In python 3 is there.

Regards,
--
José Abílio