On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 09:04:41AM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Montag, 30. März 2015 um 20:26:04, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
> <skost...@lyx.org>
>
> > It seems there is an enhancement that we can do. For example, we could
> > have a user-friendly dialog about not having write permissions to the
> > directory where an image is stored. The only alternative I can think
> > of is to change the path of the image to the same directory where the
> > .tex file is exported to.
>
> +1 to the alternative. Why pollute the the source dirs of the icons?

What about the fact that an image with same name already exists there?
As it is not alongside the source image, it is possible that it is
not related. In the case of latex exports, the only sensible thing
is copying to a properly named subdir the images and all necessary
files not already in the document dir or a subdir of it, IMO.

--
Enrico