On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 07:00:40PM +0200, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> > The attached patch against master implements those ideas. Now the pdf
> > generated by pdflatex contains vector fonts, so that the preview of
> > math and text snippets is much improved.
>

> I would go with lmodern rather than with ae[compl], since the former covers
> much more glyphs and is, IMHO, much better designed.

I discarded lmodern simply because I thought it is not a package that is
installed by default. After all, we are talking about previews here.
Now, for math previews there should be no problem, while for graphics
previews the glyphs should not matter much. So, the probability of
having problems with glyphs should be negligible. Of course, switching
to lmodern is trivial if we think it is not a problem.

--
Enrico