Le 04/05/2015 00:44, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
Unless someone can give an example showing that a relative path of one
of the above forms produces problems, I am going to unify the two
methods in a single one simply returning a relative path.

Using relative paths is a superior alternative to absolute ones, but
currently LyX can return an absolute path when a relative one is
actually possible.

A relative path is always possible, at least in linux: think
  ../../home/foo/myfiles/foo.lyx
which is actually an absolute path to a file in another user's homedir.

The idea was to return a relative path only when the file is strictly up (resp. down) in the directory tree. Note that this relative path is just an indication and that the user is free to replace it with something else in the relevant dialogs (at least in the cases I know of).

Now, what is the argument why it is wrong? I had problems following the various threads on my phone.