On 08/05/2015 21:24, Georg Baum wrote:
José Matos wrote:

While testing what packages failed with the new ABI one of the cases is
LyX (2.1.3), the first builder to fail was the x86_64 one and this is why
this message refers to it:

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/1267/9651267/build.log

The failures start at the begin, so there is no need to go down to find
the culprit.

Any idea about what is wrong here?
The forward declarations in src/support/strfwd.h were wrong. I fixed this by
not using the forward declarations in C++11 mode and including <string>
instead. Feel free to adapt the forward declarations if you prefer that, the
configure machinery is now in place.

I think this is the correct fix.

IIRC, the idea at the time with strfwd.h (done by André) was to reduce compile time and it worked like a charm with the compilers at that time. Now with modern compilers and STL, <string> is much cheaper...

So IMO you should just remove strfwd.h and include string/docstring directly when needed.

  I hesitated to include libstdc++
interna in LyX sources, therefore I did not do it myself.

Don't do that, not good for maintenance.

Abdel.