On 05/14/15 19:46, Georg Baum wrote:
Guillaume M-M wrote:

Thank you for looking at these bugs. I reported 9418 and 9490, and I use
macro unfolding quite often. Before discovering this feature, I would
occasionally edit the lyx file externally (!) to change certain macros.
Given that the original bug was about a crash occurring during
unfolding, the second solution is a bit like curing a pain by
amputation...

Sure. However, as I understand it now, this feature is not implemented in a
way that fits with the math inset infrastructure. I do not have the time for
a complete rewrite, and I honestly don't know what to do. At least I know
now that the fold/unfold feature is actually used.

I would really appreciate a long-term solution to the math macro bugs.
It would be useful to know whether many other people had segmentation
faults because of macros, because I suspect that these crashes have been
under-reported due to how hard they were to reproduce.

I believe that not so many people are macro power users. I would guess that
we would get many more reports otherwise.

Georg

Do you think that it would solve all the crashes currently happening due to macros, or would your solution only prevent crashes happening while unfolding?

Personally I would rather suffer from the occasional crash than losing unfolding... :)

Guillaume