Will LyX 2.2 fix the OS X slow scrolling problem?

Someone mentioned some time back that there is an experimental fix for the slow
scrolling problem on OS X LyX but that it needs testing. I am willing to test.
However, even further back while testing for another problem, I experienced
difficulty building from source and the problems were not resolved (for me) so
I abandoned those earlier efforts.

If someone can either provide a binary or provide some dumb-guy-level
instructions for checkout and building, I would be happy to take it from there.
I already have git installed and can do a basic checkout.

Jerry