Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Herbert, did you solve this problem?? It could maybe be a wrong
> language description somewhere... Do you use greek? Do you have your
> own language file?

It is that lyxlex does not respect newlines.  In 1.1.6 languages file
looked like

# name      babel name  GUI name        RTL?   encoding   code
afrikaans   afrikaans   "Afrikaans"     false  iso8859-1  af_ZA
american    american    "American"      false  iso8859-1  en_US
arabic      arabic      "Arabic"        true   iso8859-6  ar_SA

etc.  While it has been changed into

# name      babel name  GUI name        RTL?   encoding   code  latex options
afrikaans   afrikaans   "Afrikaans"     false  iso8859-1  af_ZA  ""
american    american    "American"      false  iso8859-1  en_US  ""
arabic      arabic      "Arabic"        true   iso8859-6  ar_SA  ""

etc. in 1.1.6fix1  Now LyX 1.1.6fix1 reads the old format languages
file as

# name      babel name  GUI name        RTL?       encoding   code    latex options
afrikaans   afrikaans   "Afrikaans"     false      iso8859-1  af_ZA   american
american    "American"  false           iso8859-1  en_US      arabic  arabic
"Arabic"    true        iso8859-6       ar_SA      austrian  austrian "Austrian"

etc.
After some thinking I come to the conclusion that it is not a bug
but a feature of lyxlex.  Since the default mode for lyxlex is
escape == false (we have to deal with LaTeX commands), we cannot
escape \n easily, which restricts the line length severely.
So I won't submit a patch ;-)

He had solved the problem by removing ~/.lyx/languages
Probably running configure again could have fixed the problem, too.

Regards,
                SMiyata