On 07/05/2015 10:46 AM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net> wrote:
On 2015-07-05, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
In the preamble, there is no way to make a "LyX-only" comment. :-(
If we implemented InPreamble for insets, then one could create an
ERT-like inset that goes in preamble.
This may be an idea...

Actually, we could even replace the current preamble with such insets.
but I would not use it to *replace* the current Documents>Settings>preamble.
This is a place for advanced user settings that belong to the other
document settings (fonts, language, encoding, package/modules, ...) and
should not clutter the editor window.
I really like JMarc's idea, and agree with Günter that it should not
replace the current set up. We could also allow for this inset to
place preamble code *before* (some of) LyX's automatic preamble
export. Many issues in the past have come from user's not being able
to get something into the preamble soon enough, such as the order in
which packages are loaded.

I'm slightly confused. Is the idea that this inset can go anywhere you like in the document, but its contents end up in the premable? If not, then why do we need insets to do this? Why not just have some sort of paragraph layout that does this? of which we already have a lot?

Richard